Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 24 - Inspired by a Book

Whoever said "don't judge a book by it's cover" certainly didn't have this challenge in mind. I chose to head straight for my bookshelf and see if any cover would stand out to me. As soon as I saw this aromatherapy book with a sweet peach speckled cover, I knew I had to try it.

I started out with two coats of Sally Hansen Sweet Pea, which is the closest color that I have to match the cover. A pretty peach with a very subtle pink shimmer. You can see swatches of it in the sun here (taken back in May when there was actually sun around here). Then, using Zoya Kelly I added some very, very light sponging followed by stamping. For the stamping I chose random floral patterns from the plates M88, M72, M75 and M69 that I ordered on Ebay. Topped the whole thing of with a topcoat and voila...




And just in case you are curious, the book is called Aromatherapy, written by Anna Selby. You can see parts of the cover in my photos, but I was too lazy to photograph the whole thing since I knew I could find an image online... so below is an image of the cover taken from Amazon.com. It is not as pink in real life as it is in this picture. The colors in my photos are truer to life.


So so what do you think of the manicure? Is it OK to use the cover for inspiration or did I cheat ;)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

12 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!
    I love this manicure, is so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. And no, it isn't cheating to use the cover of the book as inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Боже мой, это великолепно! Нереальная красота, и до чего же тонкая работа! Я фанатка твоя, просто шедевр!
    Вот этот фон с легкими вкраплениями - я даже представить не могу, как это делается.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so beautiful! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post totally took my breath away! It is sooooooo pretty!
    And I actually am a huge fan how you turned to the books themselves (rather than their titles/plots) and did judge the book by its cover.

    I judge it IMMACULATELY PERFECT!
    SOFT AND BEAUTIFUL AND *sigh* so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is just to cool!!! I love this mani!! the colour and the stamping matches so good togheter!! beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Замечательно получилось, не могу налюбоваться!! Ты - талантище!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so dainty and gives a vintage look! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for all your wonderful words! I'm really touched and glad you like the manicure!

    @Antallex & riterbratten, ogromnoe vam spasibo. Ya ne ozhidala takih komplementov :)
    Antallex, tebya interesuet tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely! Such old world romance :) I don't think you were cheating at all, it's a very nice match to the book too! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I like idea of the old world :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...